If you asked me to take you to casino paradise, jetting out to the video poker casinos of Las Vegas would be the first destination on the map. In the meantime, online video poker is a pretty cool substitute for the Neon City’s prized jackpot asset so it’s well worth surfing the web to try out the casino world’s coolest offering.
Why Video Poker?
Once you’ve played online video poker, the changes are you’ll soon be able to answer this for yourself! However, video poker is considered to be the ultimate hybrid casino game linking classic poker gaming with the intrinsic joy and speed of a slot gaming interface. Everyone knows that despite the thrill and massive jackpot available with slot machines, it’s down to lady luck. In contrast, poker offers elements of hardcore skill, but its refined game-play can be a little stiff for high-speed gaming and chilled-out fun. Video poker instantly solves this problem, delivering the ultimate gaming thrill, without sacrificing the chance to beat the casino with skill and strategy. For many players, video poker is as close to gaming paradise as you can get (unless you do happen to land a progressive slot jackpot and become an instant millionaire!)
Super-simple Video Poker game-play
Video Poker might be the cyberspace’s cutting-edge casino choice but that definitely doesn’t mean it’s almost as fool-proof to play than a fruit machine! Not surprisingly, this makes it seriously popular with every niche of online casino player.
Every round of video poker begins by placing a wager, and receiving 5 cards from the machine. The player’s required to analyse the cards to select which cards to hold and discard. The machine replaces the discarded cards with a fresh deal, before analysing the final hand for winning combos. Many video poker machines also include 50:50 high low gamble features, permitting players to instantly boost their payouts (but risk losing the lot)!
The capacity to play hundreds of round per session and game with huge multi-hand options, makes video poker a potentially very rewarding but volatile gaming environment. However, video poker’s other claim to fame is its favourable reaction to gaming skill and strategy. If you want to game with an edge, many experts will tell you -video poker is the ultimate choice!
How does online video poker strategy work?
Basic video poker systems contain rules, relating to which cards to hold and discard after each deal. In theory, applying strategic decisions will maximize winning situations and potentially give players a vital edge. However, while becoming a seriously skilled video poker gamer will take hardcore dedication, anyone can instantly use basic strategy to enhance their fun and rewards. The important thing to remember, is that every niche of video poker game must be played with a unique strategy. Thankfully – the web is packed with free video poker systems for all the popular games such as Deuces Wild, Aces Faces and the classic Jacks or Better. Furthermore, the latest online video poker games often include built-in auto-skill functions, meaning novices can instantly play with a basic strategic approach.
Check Out The Ultimate In Vegas Style Gaming
Check it out and give yourself a gaming treat by test-running the ultimate in Vegas style gaming.
Video poker – the cool truth
Video poker really is the best new gen game to be developed in the last few decades, and thanks to the web, this Vegas classic has become a serious online casino niche. So, how do you play video poker – let’s check out the basics:
- The video poker screen deals you a hand of cards
- Analyze the cards and click the hold/discard buttons, accordingly
- The machine deals fresh cards to replace your selections
- Form a winning combo or lose
Although that’s how to play video poker in a nutshell, there are numerous versions of the game available for you to play – such as Aces Faces, Deuces Wild and the basic Jacks or Better Video Poker. What’s more, casino developers are constantly adding up-grades to video poker games, deliver bonus features and interesting concepts. There’s huge scope for novices and pro gamers to make video poker their favourite game.
Video poker as a strategy game?
Video poker has proven itself to be a highly strategic game, for those wishing to try and get an edge over the casino. In fact, some pro’s claim the best systems almost guarantee success when used consistently and proficiently! Every gamer can learn how to make the right holding and discarding choices, and you can easily pick up free video poker system on the web – give it a try with free play bonuses!
Video poker payouts!
Now – let’s get the nitty gritty – how well does video poker pay? Well, like most casino games in good websites, video poker games usually pay in excess of 95% averages – meaning you’ve a fair crack at good rewards and extended gaming time. However, while the game starts paying out pennies for Jacks or Better hands, the paybacks get progressively bigger and bigger – all the way to the mega jackpot hand of the Royal Flush. The Flush can be worth hundreds of thousands to high wagering gamers, although ultimately the payout potential will depend on you coin size and number.
Online Video Poker tips
When playing video poker there are five tips that you are going to need to know and they are all outlined in this article.
- Auto-hold: this is where the casino offers you the option of the best cards of a dealt hand and then playing out the whole hand for you, the cards will automatically have selected for you by the software, this is a popular option for most people we would advise that you don’t use it because let’s say for example you are trying to go for a royal flush or a straight the software may not realize this and instead keep high cards in the hope of a pair result. The other problem with auto-hand is that cannot be optimized to suit your strategy.
- Have a strategy: this one of the most important things you cannot do without when it comes to playing poker, because video poker requires skill and not luck. The way you play your hands will determine your success. Once you have a strategy you should stick to it, it’s not enough to have a good strategy only you have to remain disciplined even when you seem to be losing.
- Play maximum coins: this is an important tip because it is the best way to improve your chances of winning. no matter what it is make sure you play up to three coins, and if you can bet with a quarter then use the entire 75c because you never know when the big hand will come., playing maximum coins means you going to get a big pot with every good hand you hit.
- Look for games with bonus rounds or progressive jackpots: if you are looking to increase your winnings quickly then you need to play games with progressive jackpot and bonus rounds, a bonus round means that you can push your wager up and even double it. A progressive jackpot is the amount of money that grows with each play and is then paid to one lucky winner.
- Take your time: this is a simple tip, but surprisingly this is where most people go wrong, taking your time is especially important when playing multi-hand video poker. Rushing will cause you to make more mistakes, however if you take your time you will have more time to think about each move and this will eventually be to your benefit.
Strategic Video Poker Gaming
Few modern casino games have had the impact in Vegas and the web, as video poker – the unique gaming concept that deliver slot gaming playability with classic draw poker! Check out the luck and strategic play that you can apply to the game for fun and rewards.
Luck-based video poker
Video poker machines on the web generally deliver payouts in the 95% plus zone – meaning anyone can regularly play the game like a random slot machine and still expect to scoop some returns. Essentially, video poker machines fire out 5 randomised cards from an electronic deal (using RNG software) – and the player is given the chance to hold and discard the cards and replace them with a fresh draw (a function similar to holds in normal slot games). Without using any strategy, you could potentially strike it lucky – for example, the odds of a Royal Flush jackpot combo off the initial deal are around 650, 000 to 1. Of course, that’s not as bad as it sounds with millions of video poker rounds being played on the web every day!
Strategic video poker gaming
While playing video poker machines with random luck may be some gamers’ idea of fun – anyone can quickly boost their fun and gaming power by adding simple strategic analysis to their video poker. In fact, video poker is one of the top online casino games for serious professional players. The key strategic power of video poker is delivered by the hold and discard options, meaning you can study the 5 card deal to make statistically favourable moves. Every different version of video poker (such as jacks or better, aces faces and deuces wild) requires a slightly different set of rules, so always ensure your strategy matches your system. Most casual gamers start out with Jacks or Better strategies, such as the one outlined below. To use the strategy – simply look for the highest combo when you game, and follow the play-through rules…….
|Initial Combo||Cards to Hold||Cards to Discard|
|4 of a Kind||4||1|
|4 Card Royal Flush||4||1|
|3 of a Kind||3||2|
|4 Card Straight Flush||4||1|
|Pair of Jacks or Higher||2||3|
|3 Card Royal Flush||3||2|
|4 Card Flush||4||1|
|Pair Lower Than Jacks||2||3|
|4 Card Straight||4||1|
|3 Card Straight Flush||3||2|
|2 Card Royal Flush||2||3|
|3 High Cards||3||2|
|2 High Cards||2||3|
|1 High Card||1||4|